Copenhagen is a wonderful place to visit, no, let’s top that, it’s “wonderful, wonderful” – which is why so many people fly into Copenhagen every year to enjoy some of the wonders there are to be found. This capital city of Denmark is full of attractions, events, activities and tourist hot spots which can only be fully enjoyed from behind the wheel of a hire car.
Copenhagen Airport, aka Kastrup – is the main airport, which serves not only Copenhagen and Denmark, but also large areas of Sweden as well as Zealand and many more areas of outstanding natural beauty. Denmark is a country of many islands; the airport is just 5 miles from the center of Copenhagen city enjoying fabulous access to the City and the rest of the area.
A variety of different car hire firms are evident at the airport including;
- Sixt – terminal 3
- Europcar – terminal 1 and terminal 3
- Hertz – terminal 1 and terminal 3
- Avis – terminal 1 and terminal 3
- Budget – terminal 3
With the majority of the car hire firms having a presence in terminal 1 and in terminal 3 it really does add up to even more convenience for travelers. This extremely competitive market is also good news for travelers with a surprising number of deals available.
Travelers to Copenhagen and the surrounding area really do need a hire car in order to explore the many sights and make the most of their time in this beautiful part of the world.
Attractions in and Around Copenhagen
There’s certainly no shortage of things to see and do in and around the Danish capital of Copenhagen including;
- The Little Mermaid – you really can’t visit Copenhagen without taking a look at the most famous and popular attraction of them all, the statue of the Little Mermaid at Langelinje Pier. It’s difficult to believe that the sculpture celebrated its centenary in 2013, she’s been welcoming travelers and guests to Copenhagen Harbor since August 1913. The Little Mermaid was inspired by the fairy tales of Hans Christian Anderson.
- Dyrehavsbakken – aka Bakken – is just a short drive to the north of the city and where you’ll find the oldest amusement park anywhere in the world. This fabulous woodland amusement park has been established for more than 430 years and has more than 30 roller coasters, drop towers and more whilst also providing entertainment at a much gentler pace like riding in a splendid carriage with horses or simply enjoying a picnic on a sunny afternoon.
- The Open Air Museum – also to the north of the city is the splendid and traditional Open Air Museum at Frilandsmuseet. You don’t just visit this spectacular place, you actually live it.
With so many other fabulous attractions to visit in the area around Copenhagen it really does make perfect sense to hire a car for your trip. There’s a good choice of car hire companies at Copenhagen Airport and in the city itself, so be sure to shop around for the best deals. A few great websites to get you started include: